- looking over at my child, who was eating breakfast, while simultaneously watching the Today Show and seeing the second plane hit on live television.
- calling my dear co-worker Christy, and being the one to tell her.
- riding the bus home. from a downtown high rise.
- at the end of the day Michael verbalizing what I had been thinking all day... it could have been our daughter on that plane. She had left Boston on a trans-continental American Airlines flight just 10 days early. alone.
- the days afterwards not knowing what was next
There has been war in the world longer during my child's life than not.
I asked her what she remembers from that day, and she said, "not much". I am grateful for the innocence she will always have; because I will never forget.