Thursday, April 29, 2010

childhood is calling...



There are several places I like to go when I visit my home town. I am sure any one reading this has places in the souls of their childhoods that to them are magical and when you think of them your toes tingle and your heart smiles.



Of course, the huz has his, and it has become our defacto outdoors destination since we've been here. I've been there a few times and I can definitely see the allure it holds; I can only imagine what it must have been like for a boy and his friends to essentially have this place as their back yard.



I will admit though, that I am looking forward to exploring other places: Falling Water, one of Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpieces. We have plans to visit when one of my favorite Seattle people comes to town (all around fun times); there is at least one Great Lakes less then a day's drive away... and the Appalachian trail isn't too terribly far either... SUMMER = Outdoors, YAY!

1 comment:

  1. and how the face of some of those places, change or have been changed through the years. Yet in some way they stay the same in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete