Monday, May 3, 2010

leaving for the first time


Today I am leaving Pittsburgh for the first time since we moved here. This will be strange for me on many levels:
  • The last time I flew into and out of the Pittsburgh airport I did not yet reside here.
  • I normally travel by plane at least twice a year, but I haven't traveled at all in the past year (the last time I flew was last May) except to move here (which I don't really consider traveling) and to run up to Maine to pick HFG up.
  • It will be strange to fly back home from where I am going, and not be flying back to Seattle, but instead flying back to the 'Burgh.
This too will eventually feel normal, I am sure.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, how I remember putting you on a plane. You who loves to fly and travel. Coming home is really about coming back to where your Heart resides.
    And yes, at some future date, coming home to the 'Burgh will be as routine in the sense of where home is.

    ReplyDelete