Sunday, June 20, 2010

remaining vestige of Seattle life

I haven't changed my cell phone number yet (it's nearly been a year since we arrived). I've had plenty of opportunity, but I'm reluctant to let it go. I'm sure if I dug deep I could determine the cause of this hesitation; but the basic fact is: in a toddler tantrum kind of way... "I don' wanna!"

It's driving the hubby mad. I keep telling him, "You can change your number, I DON'T CARE, but I'm not ready to change mine." He hasn't changed his either. He's the one with the 412 tattoo, not me.

I have wondered if cell phones were as prolific then as they are now, would I have hung on to my Colorado area code when I moved around way back when I was moving around a lot? I think it's interesting that both Michael and I grew up in certain area codes, his was 412, mine was 303 (but neither of those cover the areas where we grew up in any longer, they have since incorporated new area codes....)

I even got a new phone (I think I had my Blackberry the longest I've ever had any phone) recently, and yet it still has my good ol' 206 digits! Maybe when it's been two years!

No comments:

Post a Comment