Monday, June 6, 2011

service providers

I think for the average person when you live somewhere long enough you inevitably end up going to the same place/person for certain services: IE. hair styling, facials/waxing, mani/pedis...

...and being that I am a Capricorn I am pretty stubborn about change. Not to mention the fact that I had the same hair stylist for 9+ years, cosmetologist for at least 4 years and nail salon for 10. So this has been one of the most negative aspects about moving for me.

This on top of the fact that I am already very reluctant to spend money on these types of services, and I am very particular about the results.I have a history of going an entire year without getting my hair cut (not even a trim)!!! I don't do a lot to my hair in terms of torturing it with product, heat, or other damaging actions, nor do I wash it every day - so despite limited care it is very healthy.
the last time I cut it off for Locks of Love
Thankfully the person who cut my hair in Seattle was very understanding and despite my lack of visits never judged me (that I know of) and always did a superb job. I never had a single complaint. I fell into her chair accidentally (after the front desk had a scheduling mishap with another stylist, she squeezed me in and took care of me as if it had been planned all along). Once there I proceeded to follow her to two other salons, and would have even driven out to her new salon (outside city limits). For a while I contemplated on waiting to get my haircut until I made it back to the NW, but recently conceded and got the first TERRIBLE haircut I've had since I was in middle school.

Not only was the cut terrible but the experience sucked, the hair dresser was rough, yanked my head around and seemed to care less whether I ever came back or not. I called the salon and am going back to have another stylist "fix it".. gawd I hope it works. Otherwise I might just have to revisit this look and start all over!

1 comment:

  1. oh Tirzah, you made me tear up. I wish I could've been there for you! I'll always cut hair and I'll always have a salon anytime you want to visit. I loved cutting your hair and having sweet, lovely chats with you. Maybe you should just shave it off, you have a fabulous noggin!!! ....lucky ;

    Take care Tirzah, you know where to find me.

    Hailly

    p.s. I was pregnant with Fisher in that photo. I remember that maternity shirt. We look pretty cool with your dangling locks!

    ReplyDelete