Thursday, April 2, 2009

leaning tower of boxes

Moving annually is not uncommon for me, even within the same city. Until the year Michael and I got married; at which point we moved into a place where we ended up living for the last five years. In fact where I live now is the longest I’ve ever lived anywhere in my entire life (another entry I’m sure)!

For this reason I normally hang on to boxes from a move, which Michael finds completely irritating (until he needs a box); but this last time I was only allowed to hang on to boxes for so long until it was clear we weren’t going anywhere soon. And of course Michael never let me keep any boxes when we purchased something that came in a box (IE. the flat screen - he's going to regret that when we have to box that thang up).

So here I am three months before the move hoarding boxes… in fact my office is beginning to look like a U-Haul store or the shipping dept at work; and there is a tall towering box version of Jenga in our living room. Everyone knows the best boxes come from office buildings (not liquor stores): there’s the copy paper boxes, computer boxes, and monitor boxes, and there are always just random boxes people leave laying around from shopping they've done on the internet and had shipped to work. Of course, I’m claiming these with neon post-its, and people are randomly throwing them in front of my door when I’m not around.

Now I just need to start packing all those boxes... giant sharpie, tape gun here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment